Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

They're HERE! T-shirts that are sure to offend many!

It's a bit of a family secret that I am pretty opinionated. Honestly I feel entitled to an opinion because I'm smarter than most people. And by most people I mean the idiots who don't have the same opinion as I do. What? Don't judge me for judging you.

Lately in the news there is this huuuuge controversy surrounding whether or not it should be employers or insurance companies who provide female employees with free birth control. Many Catholic run hospitals and universities shat their pants at the thought that they may have to offer such a service, after all, isn't everyone who works at a Catholic establishment Catholic? The italics, in this case, indicate biting sarcasm. Personally? I think that religious establishments need to keep their Bible out of their employees' underwear. No one is asking them to kill a baby, they are just asking that women receive the reproductive care they need to prevent a pregnancy, and thus possibly an abortion. It really doesn't seem like rocket science.

Anyhoo.

It did not go unnoticed that the "expert" panel on birth control consisted solely of men. Mostly clergy. Hmmm...

I find it extremely offensive that any religious institution deems it appropriate to dictate to the women of (and not of!) their faith what they are and are not allowed to do to prevent pregnancy. That being said, I have designed some t-shirts. I hope you enjoy. Feel free to steal the images and make them into a real shirt, since I do not have an online store. I'll be the first to admit that these are pretty awful, I only have MS Paint and have no idea how to use it very well=(






Do you like these? Make some of your own and post them in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Mandatory coverage for the Pill. Because it's cheaper than unwanted kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (p.s. It's not a focus on the family icon. it says, "focus on your own damn family", but it's too damn small and I can't remember how/where to get in and change it, and if I did, I wouldn't have time.)

    ReplyDelete